Openness with regard to how we handle your personal data is important. When you use our website, chat bot, app(s), or when you send us messages, call us, we call you, or you provide us with information by any other means, this policy outlines how we handle it.
We are Aegis Accounting. You can call us on 01395 777 888 or 07480 049 048, use our contact form here, email us on email@example.com, or write to us at 2 The Moorings, Victoria Rd, Exmouth, EX8 1DY. Infinitely more conveniently, you can contact us through various messaging platforms, for a more immediate response, here: http://aegisaccounting.co.uk/contact-methods/
Up-front and centre-stage: We will not sell, distribute, lease, share or display your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We may store data in multiple locations, some of which could be outside the EU, but our data processing agreements with the third party services we use for such storage complies with EU GDPR legislation. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Here is a list of categories of information we collect about you, with details on how we use it, how we store it and for how long we keep it (please note that we may sometimes be legally required to keep data for longer than we state below e.g. in the unlikely event that there is an ongoing criminal investigation involving your records)
Service usage information. So-called 'analytics' data.
- As a website visitor, we place identifiers in Google Analytics cookies on your machine, managed by your web browser, for two years after your last visit to our site (see here for technical details: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage). These identify you as the returning visitor from before, without any personally identifiable information (like name or address).
- We do this to record your website usage: pages you viewed, how long you stayed, where you clicked, from which website or search engine you came to our website, and the information your browser provides about your browser, operating system, general location and whether you were on a mobile device. This data is kept by Google for us for 26 months after your last visit to our website. This data cannot be used in isolation to personally identify you. All IP addresses are anonymised before processing by Google, as described here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052?hl=en
- With your consent, we use your contact details (name, email and/or phone number) for the purpose you requested when we took the details (e.g. to call you back, to provide you with an answer to a question you have etc.)
- We will also send promotional emails, market research questions, or other information which we think you may find interesting, if you also provided consent for this. We always ask first.
- We store this data on our local computers, accessible only by Aegis Accounting, and remotely in a database provided by Google. If you are not an Aegis Accounting client, we keep this data for three years. If you are signing up, are or have previously been an Aegis Accounting client, we keep this data alongside our other records of your transactions and accounts for the duration of our engagement with you, and for seven years after termination.
Phone call and messaging transcripts and recordings
- It is in our legitimate interests to keep records of our conversations to maintain and improve our services and to resolve any future disputes. We take recordings of phone calls and store them on our local computers, accessible only by Aegis Accounting, for three years, or, if you are an Aegis Accounting client, alongside our other records of your transactions and accounts for the duration of our engagement with you, and for seven years after termination.
- WhatsApp, Skype, Viber and Facebook Messenger transcripts remain accessible to us only through their platform and only for the duration they automatically maintain such records. We do not automatically copy whole transcripts for these messaging platforms and store them elsewhere.
Transaction records and accounting data
- Once you've signed up with Aegis Accounting, or while we are assessing your suitability to sign up and you are providing this data as part of a trial of our services, we record the business transactions and accounting data you provide to us, in order to deliver our service as defined in our Terms of Engagement. We store this data locally on our computers, only accessible to Aegis Accounting, and in online platforms provided by Google, Pandle, Xero and TaxCalc, and we keep it for the duration of our engagement with you, and for seven years after termination.
Under the EU e-Privacy Directive and Data Protection Directive, and from May 25th, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation, you have some specific rights regarding your personal data, including but not limited to:
- the right to withdraw consent at any time, where relevant
- the right of access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure, or to 'be forgotten'
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (for us, based in the UK as we are, that is the Information Commissioner's Office, which you can find here: https://ico.org.uk/)
You can exercise those rights, with us (and rather conveniently in many cases) through this page: http://aegisaccounting.co.uk/manage-my-personal-data/
You can find more information about these rights here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Note: Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.